Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kewaunee

Door County is a beautiful place to visit, but AT&T cell phone coverage is spotty and campgrounds with hookups are pricey, so, a nice place to vacation, but not to work.

I chose instead to move down the Lake Michigan coast about 40 miles to the town of Kewaunee. I stayed at a quiet, low-key, RV Park that accepted my Passport America discount card.

IMG_2350

IMG_2351

Passport America is a great program if you ever camp during the week or during the off season. For an annual program fee of $44,  participating campgrounds will give you a 50% discount off your nightly camping fees.  So, for my week along Lake Michigan, I never paid more than $15/night!

The town of Kewaunee has a few old historic buildings, some pretty old houses, a nice marina, a neat old tug boat you can tour, and terrific lighthouse at the end of a long pier.

 IMG_2362 _MG_3463_MG_3466

IMG_2365 IMG_2366 IMG_2376 IMG_2386  _MG_3416  

I planned my visit to coincide with the full moon and knew it would rise to the east just as the sun was setting to the west.  Wow, what fun!

_MG_3434 _MG_3505

_MG_3511

_MG_3526

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook