Friday, July 15, 2011

Midwest T@B Rally–Mississippi Palisades

This past year, I’ve enjoyed attending a few View-Navion rallies, but my deeper ties are still with my dear old T@B camping buddies-- some I’ve known and camped with for over four years now.

Since I no longer have my real T@B trailer, I now bring my little toy T@B to the rallies instead (everybody has to have a T@B, right???!!!)
tab toy1

This summer’s destination was Mississippi Palisades State Park on the northern Illinois side of the river south of Galena.  It was a lovely park with large sites, lush green grass and pretty oak trees.  Our group virtually had our camping loop to ourselves.

IMG_5979

IMG_5981

My camping pal, Judi, and I explored some great views from the high bluffs overlooking the river and posed for some snapshots:
IMG_6023IMG_6025IMG_6029judi

 

 

 

 

 

 

And, no rally would be complete without the obligatory pot luck dinner!  Here’s the gang:
IMG_6038IMG_6039IMG_6040IMG_6041IMG_6042IMG_6043

and what was left of our pot luck offerings!

 

 

 

 

 

Our rally organizer, Jim, continued his tradition of “Movie Night” where we all gathered round his LCD monitor to watch a fun cheezy comedy.  Here’s Jim setting up this year’s flick -- Galaxy Quest. 
IMG_6054

During the day, everyone ventured out to do their own thing.  One afternoon, I took Millie to play Frisbee, followed by a hike down to the river for a little swim:

IMG_5978IMG_5985IMG_5987

Another afternoon, Mom and I went to historic Galena, Illinois to window shop.  Some funny stuff in those windows!

IMG_6001IMG_6005IMG_6006This year’s novelty at the rally was my new yellow “toad” which was making it’s first camping outing.  

IMG_6033

055

Everyone gathered around to watch me hitch it up (yeah! I did it!!!) and bid us farewell as Mom, Millie and I continued our travels west to Colorado!

092096097098

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook